Monday, December 12, 2011

Backing up windows vista?

I am running vista on my computer and my AVG virus checker found a virus in Win32/polycrypt. The computer is new, so it should be clean outside that. I am trying reason that reformatting will get rid of the virus. but it has just occured to me that i have never backed it up, or have never really understood how it worked in Vista.



I guess i have 2 questions.



1. how does the vista backing up work? There arent any boot discs like in XP.



2. Will replacing everything with the backup, or reformatting help my situation?Backing up windows vista?
If you're running the Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions of Windows Vista, you can automate the entire process of backing up your data files on a regular basis by using the Back Up Files wizard. (The Back Up Files wizard in Windows Vista Home Basic does not include the automated scheduling feature, but it will remind you to back up your files periodically.) In order to streamline the entire backup procedure, Microsoft redesigned this version of its backup utility so that it only backs up data files -- application and system files are not included. (The ability to back up all your files is handled by the Windows Complete PC Backup utility, which I covered in a previous article.)



In this edition of the Windows Vista Report, I'll take a closer look at the Back Up Files wizard. As I do, I'll walk you through a backup operation.



I will Provide you link where you got all the wizards how it works and you get the example :==



http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877_11-6179067.html



articles name is given below



Ok Bye...

Take Care.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment