Monday, December 12, 2011

Windows Dual Boot: Re-Installing XP without losing the dual boot menu?

Ok I have 2 partitions, one with XP 64bit and one with Vista 64bit.



I want to format the XP 64 and replace it with XP 32 bit but the last time I did this I lost the boot menu when I turn on my computer and it just takes me straight into XP without giving me the option to choose.



How can I install the XP 32 right now without losing this menu?Windows Dual Boot: Re-Installing XP without losing the dual boot menu?
after installing the windows xp 32-bit over the partition that had the 64 bit you will have to recover what is called the Master Boot Record for Vista in order to have the option to boot between the two, you do this by booting from the windows vista disc and just telling it to repair the system, simple as that, no strings attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment