Monday, December 12, 2011

How to make Vista as primary OS.?

I have installed XP( on :C) to my desktop PC, then i installed vista ( on :H) and my PC became a dual boot. Later on my C drive got some critical error(need to replace). So if i taken out the C drive, my vista will not boot as the boot manager is still refering to C. I'm planning to get rid the C drive and only use Vista. What should i do??



I have tried removing the C and then repaired the Vista with bootable disk but still it wont work.How to make Vista as primary OS.?
more reasons the drive letter system sucksHow to make Vista as primary OS.?
If you are getting rid of the one hard drive (you do have two physical drives, don't you?), remove it and when you reboot your computer it will recognize the other drive as C: Then you will have to reinstall Vista on the drive since it needs a Master Boot Record in order to boot.
What you can do is to uninstall XP, then it will be ok. You should uninstall it from the registry of your pc, or it will not function. I suggest you should install a certain optimization software. Most of this kind of soft wares can help uninstall some programs. Also they can clean up the junk files in the registry of your pc in time. You can search some on the Internet. You also can try this http://www.1Click-Optimize-Pc.com. I hope it can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment