Monday, December 12, 2011

Command & Conquer Gold on DOS?

So I have a Mac, and I have DOSBox installed to run some older games. I downloaded EA's freeware release of Command %26amp; Conquer Gold, which apparently is not compatible with DOS like Red Alert is. I managed to download the DOS version from and abandonware site (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/378/Command+%2526+Conquer.html), which doesn't have any music or movies.



I copied the MOVIES.MIX file from the C%26amp;C Gold folder into the DOS version's folder, and that seems to work just fine. When it comes to the SCORES.MIX file, however (assuming that that's the file that contains all the music), DOSBox is unable to load it. (The DOS version contained a smaller scores.mix file that I replaced with the Gold version).



So my question(s) is this:



Am I looking for the music in the wrong file? If so, how do I import the music files from C%26amp;C Gold to C%26amp;C DOS? Or is there in fact any way to run C%26amp;C Gold on DOS after all? If not, then is there another site where I can download C%26amp;C DOS, complete with music and (preferably) movies?



And no, I'm not going to buy an XP/Vista Installation disc and Boot Camp it just to play one game.Command %26amp; Conquer Gold on DOS?
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc9



Try the patches available on that site. they have a modified scores.mix for download which should solve your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment