Monday, December 12, 2011

I have a lap computer with vista on it and i want to place xp pro on it. any suggestions on how to do it.?

I have a dell M1530 with vista on it. I need to place xp pro on it for business. took it to micro center tech support they said it could not be done. Does any one have any suggestions. do i need to get another hard drive and replace the one i have . I tried to reformat the hard drive but the computer would not allow this? I tried to install it on another partition of the hard drive (H:) but the xp disk said could not find the hard drive. suggestions? tks PeteI have a lap computer with vista on it and i want to place xp pro on it. any suggestions on how to do it.?
You can set up your computer for dual booting of Vista or XP by following the instructions at

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vistaI have a lap computer with vista on it and i want to place xp pro on it. any suggestions on how to do it.?
Yeah, it can be done. But, you have to boot to the OS disk, format the drive, then do a fresh install.
  • migrating existing portal
  • give me an advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment