Monday, December 12, 2011

Windows vista--does everyone hate it?

Had vista for 2 months now, it seems really crap and unreliable compared to xp. Startup/shutdown work properly about 50% of time, the lickle dog (windows search) is rubbish compared to xp. considering how much more faster and powerful my new pc is ,it doesn't seem as fast as it should be,is this because vista is a much bigger program than xp. Lots of basic things seem hidden from the user.


I'm seriously thinking of having this wiped and replaced with xp, but i don't wanna lose all the manufacturers (acer) little software tools etc.Windows vista--does everyone hate it?
Get Windows ';Mojave'; it's soooo much better than windows XP or Vista! LOL





Ok really though, XP is just plain stable. The computer I'm typing on right now has been on the same installation of XP for 4 years.... No system restore's and no reformat and lose everything. l just keep up on system maintenance and be careful what I install.





Vista is so resource hungry that all of your upgraded lickedy split new hardware is still slow. Mainly because Vista is using all the horspower before you even start the programs you want to use.





Microsoft recognizes their failure with Vista and is speeding the release of Windows 7 to try and get some more of our bucks. I hope they can get it right.... Oh wait they already did with XP... :PWindows vista--does everyone hate it?
I hate Vista!
My dad has it and he doesn't like it either
xp lot better
I've always used xp but on my new laptop it was vista i hated it so much i gave it to my sister and went back to using my old pc
Vista is a good OS, as long as you have capable components to deal with the 'Bells and Whistles' it has.
I love Vista! The little slideshow of your photos you can put at the side of the screen is sooooo cool!
I have vista and an acer laptop and I find that it works well, but sometimes I do have problems with internet explorer. So now I use firefox and everything is goooooooooood!
Yes and if they dont they should!!
My vista works fine and never had a problem with it.





But on otherhand I know what im doing.





You have to have a computer that isnt on the edge of being considered an antique.
Vista works best with 2 GB RAM. If you have 1 GB RAM, Vista will be slightly sluggish and if you have only 512 MB RAM, Vista will be deadly slow and often freeze. I have a dual boot configuration Vista/Windows 7 and both are working fine. The slow shutdown/start up in Vista has been resolved in Windows 7
If you hate Vista, fine.





Some people like it and have no problems with it, others hate it and have tons of problems. It all comes down to what hardware you're running it on.





I sometimes get annoyed when people bash Vista, it's an OK operating system if you got the hardware for it. But it annoys me even more when people say things like: ';Vista works fine for me so it must be your fault.';


We all have different hardware with different drivers that can cause different problems. Some of these problems may not even be Microsoft's fault.





Well, I'm sorry Vista didn't work out too well for you. If you're happier with XP, then stick with it. Maybe you'll like Windows 7 better





Edit:


@ Greensnow:


Yeah, it's true that it's pretty hard right now to find a computer that isn't powerful enough to run Vista decently. But having a powerful computer doesn't automatically mean that you won't have problems. When I said, ';It all comes down to what hardware you're running it on.'; I didn't just mean hardware that's powerful enough, but hardware that actually works well with Vista. As I said above, 3rd-party drivers can sometimes be buggy or conflict with other drivers. Since Microsoft doesn't make these drivers, they can't fix them. So just because you had no problems with Vista doesn't mean uk_pindar won't





';you can run vista without anti virus as the firewall is so good!';





What? That really has nothing to do with viruses. You can run any operating system without an antivirus if you really wanted to.





';Vista has taken over alot of the other operating systems such as 'lenux' and 'apple'.';





Um it's ';Linux'; and it's a hell of a lot better than Vista IMO
I love Vista





People who can't afford vista, hate vista in jealousy





Vista has so many features. Aero feature is awesome
There have been so many complaints about vista to MS that MS is shelving all updates to vista and going back to beta..go check out MS web site for News Flash..I caught it about two wks ago...but you know MS they could change their minds if they think they will lose profits.
people who hate vista are people who know 'abit' about computers, people think just because a pop up comes up saying do you wwant to do this? that it makes it bad, vista is so good that 'IF' you run it correctly and know 'ALOT' about computers you can run vista without anti virus as the firewall is so good!





windows realised that people were getting lots of viruses in the XP so they made it so that the majority of people (Which is business use) dont get loads of viruses and then complain about the bad service.





I can only see that people dont it because they think because one person has told them this that this is true! but most of the time that person hasn't even used VISTA! therefore word of mouth makes the view of vista poor.





Vista has taken over alot of the other operating systems such as 'lenux' and 'apple'.





EDIT!





In reply to Jim and Steve





Windows Vista is never really sold on bad spec computers e.g 512 RAM its normally on 1GB and 2GB therefore on these systems it works fine and at a good rate!!
i got xp on my laptop and had vista on my p.c and i have to say i had loads of problem with vista





hope windows 7 will be much better
yes i cant stand it. I want xp back but just bought a brand new acer 5735 at xmas, 3G Ram, 2MB L2 Cache but still internet explorer regularly shuts down or freezes, the acer came with 2 trojan horse viruses already in the game zone!! I got rid of macafee and bought the AVG Pro, I then did a bit of research and found that everyone with an acer should uninstall the entire gamezone as the viruses are in ';Big Kahuna Reef'; or some game of similar title. I'm close to bringing it back to the shop, I did fully insure it so I can but I'm also trying to figure out is it worth it to start all over AGAIN with another model....it's so annoying. Lots of things are hidden but I believe you can ';unhide'; them I think I already unchecked that option after having watched a video on youtube.I cant stand the microsoft office version that came with it either or is it Vista that's making me hate that? Roll on the end of the 60 day trial! Hope I can use some other version of office????????
i do actually like it, had it about 18months now and ive had to reinstall it 3times but thats due to my own fault + i like to do a clean re-install (Spring clean) everynow and again.





Never had any problems regarding compatability or drivers (home prem 32bit). All my programmes i need work fine with it.





I prefer it over XP anyday.





Im looking forward to windows 7 though, hopefully it will be the OP that Vista should have been
the main problem with Vista is its compatibility with older softwares/hardwares.





Its structure has changed compared to Win95 to WinXP, which is a major evolution for ';old'; users like us (who followed this evolution).





you should select the OS corresponding to the use you require when using computer. However, too few people really do that... They only concentrate on hardwares and rely on softwares.
I switched 2 Vista just bfore Xmas 08





Initially, I must admit I was not immediately impressed, but when time, usage, confidence and familiarity kicked in, I changed my mind!!





Vista uses a lot of computer resources, and without the supporting hardware WILL give u issues/problems.





The more memory u have the better ( I have 6GB RAM ) with a


ITB HDD





I have noticed for instance when doing a complete virus scan


my old XP setup would take 45-50 mins, my new running time varies


between 12-16 mins


Same with music. movies and games - very fast downloads





Liken it 2 running a Rolls Royce on 2 star petrol


U WILL have problems as a result


Not the best comparison perhaps- but I'm sure the point is made





As Arnold S would say: Vista, vista baby











PS


Why is almost everyone having an online boxing match


on this post? Enlighten me someone please
I hate Windows full stop. I hate the OSes, I hate MS Office, I hate Windows Media Player and I hate the Zune.





It's Mac or Open Source for me. =D
There is nothing wrong with Vista...Had it for over a year, with absolutely no problems, Security is good, excellent OS.
i hate it
Nope, mine's been perfectly fine, pretty much the same as XP was except the occasional glitch otherwise it works 100% as it should 99% of the time. I like it, can't see why no one else does.





My laptop was built for Vista so it has all the needed RAM etc
Basically ya. Yes there are people who like this feature or that feature. But it is godawful slow compared to XP on almost any machine. And for most people speed it the big issue.





If you however want all the coolness of Vista (plus eye candy) you might be interested in Beryl or Compiz + Linux. Of course that's a stretch.
It is Windows, why you expect it so much?
Honestly I like Windows XP much better then Windows Vista. With Windows Vista, it just does not get the job done. If your having 4 GB of Ram in Windows Vista, that's great, but it depends on the processor as well. I myself am sticking to Windows XP. Both Windows XP and Windows Vista are decent operating systems. I prefer Windows XP over Windows Vista.
  • flash myspace
  • chi hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment