Monday, December 12, 2011

Sharing between Linux and Windows help?

I am running Ubuntu Linux on this pc and I have Windows Vista on another pc. I have a printer connected to my linux OS pc, and I want to be able to use the printer with the windows vista computer also. Neither computers really detect eachother, except when I go to the printers on windows vista it says my printer name and it says its located on my computer name, but it says 'offline' and it won't work, i think it might just still be there from when i used to have windows XP installed on this computer before i replaced XP with Ubuntu. please help i just want to know how to use a printer over LAN, i heard about samba but i'm still trying to figure out how to install it, i only installed Ubuntu 2 or 3 days ago so i am really new to linuxSharing between Linux and Windows help?
http://www.watchingthenet.com/enable-fil



This link will tell you how to set up the printer using samba.
  • how to own a foreclosure home
  • make sure a college coach
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment