Monday, December 12, 2011

Patch/installer information WoW?

I have a few question regarding patching.



I have just recently reformatted my HDD and was ';blessed'; with having to reinstall this game.



I have the entire install minus my original CD's downloaded(so I don't have to wait 8 hours to do a full patch, even though this overall has take waaay longer)



I know I can just download the entire thing at once but it auto/dl's and installs and I really want to keep it since I own 3 computers. Owning a complete pre downloaded working patch to at least 3.X.X would be ideal.



So does anyone know where I can get exact enUS patch information or even a list of patch and the order that they are supposed to be placed in?



for example I have a patch named ';WoW-2.3.0-enUS-patch'; now most my patches show like this:



';WoW-2.3.0.7561-to-2.4.0.8089-enUS-pat?br>


so i know if I am on version 2.3.0 (7561) I should apply this patch.



this ';WoW-2.3.0-enUS-patch'; doesn't help me at all. its 730kb i would assume its patch 2.0.0 - 2.3.0 Full enUS patch but without some assurance I really dont feel like applying this patch agian and have a failure to execute patch later because I missed 1 stupid patch.(this has happened like 6 times already)



http://www.world-of-warcraft-gold.com/world-of-warcraft-patches.html



sort of shows how the patches start at 1.x.x go to 2.x.x then back to 1.x..x and this is why so many people have issues when installing from original wow. (Most don't feel like using blizzards auto update downloading for 2 days)



So basically I am looking for is a detailed listed including the size of the patch the exact name of the patch and the exact sizes for every patch/installer so I can make a detailed list of how to install properly agian when I format vista and replace it with Xp.(coming soon)



so this is what i am looking for EI:



';WoW-1.12.0-enUS-patch.exe'; 465 MB (487,854,541 bytes) Date of patch - this patch is required to patch from 1.0.0 - 1.12.0 Pre bc.



or something like this for installers, because I'm not sure if these are demo's or originals or what: ( I purchased BC and WOTLK online so I'm regretting it right now, having to fight to get this game installed.)



WOTLK crusade installer(2.0.0-3.0.0)(2.04gig)

Installer.exe size 1.087kb

Installer 1 tomb.MPQ 1,564,320kb

Installer tomb.2.mpq



..ect.



I have 1 BC installer that's 3.15 total and 1 that's 2.04gig total but no idea which one is a demo/trail/original. I check the install notes and it doesn't help

I'm not sure can I install BC right at patch 1.0.0? or what? do i need to up it? if so to what?



Then when I get BC installed (2.0.0) then what can i install wotk? and what size is the original wotlk? or do i need to patch to get to wotlk? I have no idea.



Its get frustrating, mostly after these huge installs I get 50% through the WOTLK patch then some fatal error. after 10 hours of manual patching.sigh control panel delete wow, delete common files, flush dns, run reg cleaner, reboot and start all over again.



Any help would be appreciated, and no i cont feel like using the 14 hour download installer that blizzard has built in (unless I absolutely have to i guess but I would assume somebody has these notes tucked away somewhere..or something similar)Patch/installer information WoW?
well, it's getting kinda late, i'm not thinking straight, but damn, that sounds like a lot of crap you went through, WoW can be a ***** sometimes =o



well, I'm trying to avoid the massive 2.x.x to 3.blabla installer at the moment, and I'm having a perfect time doing so using the patches from this list:



http://browse.files.filefront.com/World+of+Warcraft+Official+Patches/;1323958;/browsefiles.html



it's a big list, but most of em are rather fast to download, and in the right order, and indicated wich language, and (i'm kinda confused by 2.3.0) they say for example:



WoW-2.3.0.7561-to-2.3.2.7741-enUS-patc?br>
Blizzard has released a patch updating World of Warcraft from v2.3.0 to v2.3.2.



so it's easy to see wich one you're downloading



hope this is of any help!

greetings and have fun in azeroth xP

~JK
  • anything than
  • database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment