Monday, December 12, 2011

Laptop Suggestions Please.?

I would like to purchase a laptop for my mother. It will be her first. She will be playing Pogo games and learning to navigate the WWW. When I go for my monthly surgery, I will be borrowing it to check email and watch movies and play games. I do not need a cd burner as I have one on mine at home. I want enough memory so I can download a few other games for her. I searched for inexpensive models but most have Vista. I have never used Vista, and my desktop has XP so I think that might be better for her too. Can you remove Vista and replace it with Xp? Also, how do I make it wireless, what do I need to buy in addition to the computer. Mine is hooked up to cable and I have service through my local cable provider.



ANy suggestions on models to look at and to stay away from and memory size and anything else is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.Laptop Suggestions Please.?
You have the right idea. STAY away from Vista. It will be difficult, and require some skill to go from Vista to XP. It will also cost you about $200. I recommend, Compaq, Dell, HP, Sony(but it is pricey) but do not recommend ACER. Since Emachines desktops tend to burn out motherboards, I would stay away from them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment