Monday, December 12, 2011

Problem with Empire: Total War, front end jumps, menu is very slow, and any game play has only audio.?

Here is the problem with my Empire: Total War game.



When I play it, it goes to the main load screen, then the Sega screen comes on but plays very slowly and only jumping to one frame every 3 seconds or so. The Creative Assembly screen comes on very slowly, but without lag. Then the Intel ad comes on, slowly, and when the front end video plays, it only plays one frame every second and switches rapidly back and forward with the Previous Intel ad, I always skip this part by pushing Esc.



The menu plays very slow.



The actual game play is non-existant, when I play, it stays in the middle of the loading screen, while the audio continues, but the video does not work. I can move my mouse where the buttons should be, I hear the sounds, but no video at all.



I meet the Os requirements: Windows Vista/XP



I have an Intel Celeron D 3.33 GHz processor, well more than the 2.4 GHz requirement.



I certainly have more than the required memory: 2 GB Ram (1 GB required) and 36 GB free to spare after installing.



However, in terms of the video card, I do not know at all. This may be the problem.



The requirement is 256MB Direct X9.0 (which I do have).

And, 'compliant pixel shader 2 or greater.' I have no clue what this is or how to find info on what my Video card has for Pixel Shaders.



Could it be my Pixel Shader?



I have a ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100 Series Video Card.



If it is the video card, and the lack of pixel shader, what should I replace it with?



thxProblem with Empire: Total War, front end jumps, menu is very slow, and any game play has only audio.?
Try to close all programs before playing the game

No comments:

Post a Comment