Monday, December 12, 2011

How can I get the full download or DVD of Vista - I paid for the license?

My company laptop came form Lenovo with Vista Business Edition Installed. Te license key is on the bottom of the Laptop. The IT dept. has replaced this with a disk image of XP. I am allowed to put on Vista and support myself if I like, but I canot find a way to get the full version short of buying it new.How can I get the full download or DVD of Vista - I paid for the license?
If it is a company laptop, then you did not pay for the license or anything else. Your company probably used its Vista downgrade rights to exchange your company laptop's Vista OS for an XP OS, which means that the Vista key on the bottom of the laptop is no longer valid.



--

garfield-n-odie

Microsoft MVP 2005-2008

http://mvp.support.microsoft.comHow can I get the full download or DVD of Vista - I paid for the license?
You can actually go right to Microsoft and they will get you a new copy as long as you have your license. You need to go through the Support group though.



I actually lost my license and copied the program from a friend and called them and they gave me a new license number.

No comments:

Post a Comment