Sunday, November 21, 2010

32bit to 64bit XP or VISTA?

Q - I have a Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU which is running 32bit vista, I want to know what I have to do to either upgrade to 64x vista or 64x XP, and also which of the two would be better. I've heard that I might also have to replace the motherboard if I wanted to do this so...is this just a rumor? or how would I know what I need to do, in detail, if I want to upgrade from 32x to 64x??



I also hear people complaining about 64x vista actually being slower somehow. Whats up with that?? I appreciate the help32bit to 64bit XP or VISTA?
Ok think of 32 bit and 64bit as highways. 64bit is a 6 lane highway and 32bit is a 3 lane. Same traffic runs on it. Which one will be faster? The 6 lane.

Point is 62bit allows your operating system to process data faster.



I would pick windows XP 64bit. Mainly...I hate vista. I have not heard 64bit vista is slower.



The rumor you are hearing is not a rumor. The processor has to support a 64bit operating system.

Your Processor will support 64bit Operating systems so you are good to go.



NOTE: when you start downloading programs for windows xp 64bit, make sure they support it. Some sites have multiple links to download the program each link corresponding to the right bit and operating system.

No comments:

Post a Comment