Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I search for wireless drivers after replacing Vista with XP?

My wireless is not working after removing Vista and replacing it with XP- apparently it is something to do with missing drivers. Where would I find these and how do I know I have downloaded the correct thing?

Thanks for you helpHow do I search for wireless drivers after replacing Vista with XP?
Normally you can go to the manufacturer of the comuputer and search for the drivers there (i.e www.dell.com). The only thing is that sometimes drivers dont cross between OS's. If XP is the original OS then you should be able to find them there. Otherwise you can sometime achieve results by going into device manager, uninstalling the device that is missing the driver and then scanning for hardware changes. Or telling it to search with microsoft online for your driver. If you have the original disks that came with your comuter the drivers would be there as well. If all else fails call the manufacture and order a the drivers disk for your machine.

Good Luck.

Silver



p.s. the wireless driver will not be under modems it would be under network driversHow do I search for wireless drivers after replacing Vista with XP?
You downgraded to an unsupported OS for your computer so you're on your own finding your drivers. I mean, you didn't even list what kind of computer you have nor what kind of wireless card you're using.
Right click on my computer then manage then device manager go to modems then if the wireless is listed right click then properties then update drivers.

If it is not there you will need to install it from the disk, if you do not have the disk you might be able to do it through add hardware program in control panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment