Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I downgrade Vista to XP without the CD?

Basically I bought a new PC from PC world, and have had nothing but trouble with it, on paper its a monster, but the cd drive didnt work so i replaced that now it does, but, my problem is I bought a new game (Dragon Age: Origins) and tried to install it on my pc, and everytime i do it just freezes, then I tried my gf's laptop, and it said the cd was corrupt...then I tried my mothers laptop, and it worked fine, no hassle at all...Could this be a vista problem? I think it is so i want to downgrade it, or upgrade to windows 7 if theres a free option, as Vista has been nothing but crap, and I'm not willing to pay for something that should work regardless.How do I downgrade Vista to XP without the CD?
It doesn't really sound like a O/S problem. It does sound like the CD is flaky so I would contact EA to see what they say (it is not unknown for an initial release to be bad).



I would not change O/S until you can confirm that it is not the disk you have - you have no guarantee that things will be different with another O/S.



Why not return it from where you bought and have them replace it?How do I downgrade Vista to XP without the CD?
Just get the Windows 7 upgrade, which you would have got free if you brought the PC after July 2009... Don't downgrade to XP coz if you have brought a PC that works good with Vista that should be a pretty good Specs..
The most simple way to do this is to just format your PC and install the XP. this is the only way to come out of this crap.
i aggree with you vista is ****! but there is no way yo downgrade without the xp disk
ya vista sucks welcome to the mob at Microsofts door.

I think an upgrade dvd for vista home to windows 7 home is $50. As far as downgrading thats going to cost $100 for XP home (yes there are illegal options too, but you'll have to find them on your own), which they should be stopping support for sometime in the next 12 months.

Personally I like windows 7, but there are still problems with it, but its better then buying XP at this point only because I know MS is going to cut support for it soon.

As far as getting it working on vista now I would suggest using compatibility mode for Windows XP and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment