Friday, November 19, 2010

I replaced Vista with Windows XP but now have no sound. Can anyone help me with how to solve this problem?

My Gateway laptop came loaded with Vista but when the hardrive crashed and was replaced I loaded windows XP instead of Vista because I don't like Vista. Now I don't have any sound and my control panel says I have no audio device. Anyone have any suggestions?I replaced Vista with Windows XP but now have no sound. Can anyone help me with how to solve this problem?
You need to reinstall your driver for your sound card. This is one problem people have had with Vista is device drivers. You need to find out what company made your sound card and then go to their website and find a device driver there by either contacting them or searching on the site. To find out what sound card you have, hold down the Windows key and the 'R' key and then in the dialog box there, type in 'dxdiag' (without quotes). From there click on the ';Sound'; tab and it should say what your sound card is there at the top left.I replaced Vista with Windows XP but now have no sound. Can anyone help me with how to solve this problem?
did you check mute? Oh well maybe the speaker wire came loose. Check to see if its showing any other thing when you click on the speaker.
The copy of windows xp you put on your laptop doesn't have the specific audio driver for your audio card. Go to the gateway website and type in your laptop's model number. There you can download the correct driver and you wil have sound!
you have to download the appropriate drivers that allow your hardware to work with xp. this is pretty easy actually, just find out what type of audio card your computer has then go to the manufacturers site and they should have the appropriate drivers available for xp, just download them and you should be good
Install sound driver.
My best guess is you will need to download a xp driver for it. Just go to the company the made your computers website and go to the software and driver downloads, make sure you get the right one for your computer, in somecases there might not be a driver in that case you have to do with out it or live with vista. But Vista is a very bad system I agree with you there.
a lot of computer boards have an integrated sound card. Find your mother board disc and click around on it. I have to give mouth to mouth to my sound system everytime I redo windows. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment