Friday, November 19, 2010

Replacing Vista with XP on Inspiron 1520?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 that came with Vista. I hate Vista and want to install XP instead. How difficult will this be? Is there any chance it will be as simple as backing up all my important stuff, switching out the OS and putting my stuff back on? Or are there going to be all kinds of driver issues and such? And do I have to worry about any of my files being incompatible since they're coming from Vista? I don't see how that would happen with the things I have, but I'm worried about some kind of Vista taint. ;-) The sorts of files I have are The Sims 2 saved games and other content, various text-type documents, mp3's, and photos.Replacing Vista with XP on Inspiron 1520?
If your equipment is still under warranty I would advise against this as it would most likely render it void.

No comments:

Post a Comment