Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I downgrade from Vista to XP on my new Dell Inspiron 1525?

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 1525 and realized that my $50,000 worth of media programs will not work with vista. To name a couple, Protools 7, Waves Diamond, Waves mercury, Dreamweaver 8, Photoshop CS2, Adobe Illustrator CS3, Flash 8 Professional, etc. I definitely do not want to pay to upgrade these programs!!!! I simply want to replace Vista with XP but since it is a SATA it's not as simple as it sounds!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!How do I downgrade from Vista to XP on my new Dell Inspiron 1525?
well first go here:



http://support.dell.com/support/download



This will download the Sata drivers you'll need on a floppy disk. When you run though the xp install at the very beginning you will see at the bottom ';Hit F-6 to install drivers'; hit F-6. When the time comes it will ask for a floppy disk. insert and hit enter. You'll have to chose teh correct drivers.





Finish the install.

No comments:

Post a Comment