Friday, November 19, 2010

Question about downgrading from Vista to XP?

I'm running Vista on my old Sony Vaio, and to be honest, I'm just not all that thrilled with the OS, and I'd like to go back to XP.



So my question: how exactly do you go about removing Vista and installing XP? I mean, would I just use the XP disk and install the OS and will it automatically replace Vista, or is it more involved than that? And what would I do, after XP is installed, to make sure Vista is gone?



ThanksQuestion about downgrading from Vista to XP?
It's much more involved than that.



If it were me, I would use a bootable XP disc, delete the partition, create new partition and install XP thereafter.



If you execute this method, you wont need to verify that Vista is gone, trust me; it will be gone.



If you decide to keep Vista, you can turn off all that areo crap and make it look XP again, even go as far as turning off the UAC crap too. (User Account Control = pesky permission dialogs).



I'm beta-testing Windows 7, not much of an improvement, but there are some cool new feature additions. Having said that, XP all the way!



HTHQuestion about downgrading from Vista to XP?
a computer built for vista will not work with all xp drivers you will have nothing but trouble finding drivers and if you have any problems with your computer you will have to reinstall vista for your warranty

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,228…

good luck
i would not call it a downgrade more like a move to an operating system that actually works.



you will need to format the hard drive first.









?
Just insert your windows xp disc and install xp. You may have to find additional drivers with windows xp support but I did it with my dell computer and it works great.



Beware it will delete everything on your computer.
If I read this right you orig had XP but installed VISTA.



If so just reinstall XP by having computer boot up on your CD which contains your XP disk.



From there just follow instructions and let it reinstall XP. Better yet format drive first. Then install XP.



But if your computer came with VISTA and you weenied out before learning it and you want to install XP on it I wish you best of luck as there most likely no drivers for it in XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment