Sunday, November 21, 2010

Can not Downgrade from Vista to XP on laptop. Please help.?

Alright. I've been trying to downgrade this laptop for my girlfriend because she wants it downgraded to XP. I have the XP disc and the Vista disc with me. I've tried formatting the HD. Partitioning it to have Vista on one and XP on the other, and every time I get this error:



';Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.



Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-Supplied diagnostic or setup program.



Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3.';



F3 of course restarts the computer. Now I know there is a HD in there that is indeed powering up, but for some reason it's not powering up, (maybe?) when I'm using the XP disc. How do I fix this, as I've looked around on the internet for a while and couldn't find anything that worked.



The model of the laptop is an HP dv6149us if that helps in any way. Everything inside of it is what came with it, except the ram had to be replaced because it fried.Can not Downgrade from Vista to XP on laptop. Please help.?
Ok... Simple problem :)



You have a special hard drive controller in the laptop and it requires a driver. You will have to go to the manufacturers website and download the driver for the hard drive controller. When you setup XP on the laptop, you will need to press F6 and install the driver (probably burned on a CD). Once the laptop has the driver it will allow you to continue with setup of XP.



GL :)Can not Downgrade from Vista to XP on laptop. Please help.?
When you get the answer, I might use it. I hate Vista on my laptop. Good luck!
Vista to XP is an upgrade.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthre

No comments:

Post a Comment