Sunday, November 21, 2010

I just reinstalled vista from cab files on a friends laptop, uninstalled the Norton which was on a 60?

day trial, replaced it with bit defender. Trying to remove the Norton icon from the desktop and it just gives me a message that the program the icon points to is not there and will not let me delete the icon for which the program has been uninstalled. How do I get rid of that Icon? I am new to vista, use xp myself.I just reinstalled vista from cab files on a friends laptop, uninstalled the Norton which was on a 60?
If Vista ever gives you a hard time ';saying you need administrative rights'; to do a download or make changes (Even tho you are the system administrator) then



do the following...



Go to START...CONTROL PANEL.....USERS ACCOUNTS...and turn off the UAC (User Accounts Control)...windows will want to reboot...make any changes you need...then go turn the UAC back on...system will want to reboot again.



Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment