Friday, November 19, 2010

Replacing Vista with Win XP?

Got new Toshiba laptop with Vista OS....its giving me hard time browsing the net, and about everything else, its just DEAD SLOW, doing anything on my PC, while this Vista is built in it. How can I replace my OS from Vista to XP, without havng to go to tech guy's shop, etc. I mean how to do it, with ease!! at home! Helpppppppppppp! Plz.Replacing Vista with Win XP?
go to microsoft support under knowledge base,input converting windows vista to back to windows xp,Replacing Vista with Win XP?
I truly sympathize. I have a Toshiba laptop and suffered Vista for over a year before going to Linux.

If you want to downgrade to XP, just boot off an XP installation disc, format your hard drive and install XP.

Be warned that you'll lose all your data.
Vista has a new power management option for laptops. Maybe yours is set on power saver. On the bottom right next to the clock there's a battery. Click on it and make sure it's set to high performance.

I wouldn't recommend you switching to XP because most new laptops are designed to run on Vista.

Maybe what you need is a memory upgrade. If you have less than 2GB ram you should look into this.
I did this very procedure.

Before you do it, make sure Toshiba has XP drivers for your model.

Vista drivers will not work.

While you're there, get ALL of the drivers %26amp; save them to a CD; it will make life more bearable for future repairs, etc.
  • how to value
  • web server hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment