Sunday, November 21, 2010

Upgrade Windows Vista Home Premium to Ultimate with a purchased key?

Ok so I was one of the few who in January 2007 bit the bullet and upgraded my Windows XP (Windows Vista Capable Laptop) to Windows Vista Ultimate. I purchased the upgrade through Windows Marketplace and installed the new OS. Then of course the problem started and I downgraded back to Windows XP.



Recently my old laptop was replaced with a new one (thanks HP!) and this new one came with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. I am not trying to advertise Vista or anything, but it finally is working smoothly and everything. I haven't had any serious problems with it (knock on wood).



So anyway, I just remembered last week I still have this upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate (pre-sp1). I am wondering how can I use this to upgrade my OS to Ultimate. I have the key and the software. But when I tried to upgrade it said my current OS is like more advance or something so it can't upgrade without doing a clean installation. I don't want that!



So how can I use this key that I still have to my advantage? Its a Genuine Key and I just want to upgrade it Windows Ultimate. I tried searching doing the Windows Anytime Upgrade, but I didn't see anything that applied to me.



Help. Upgrade Windows Vista Home Premium to Ultimate with a purchased key?


Hello

On this page you'll get

the requested information.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vis



I hope you could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment