Sunday, November 21, 2010

What would be the best way to install the Windows 7 beta for me (triple-boot)?

I guess the beta is being released tomorrow, and I want to try it out. Currently I'm triple-booting Vista, XP and Linux. I'd be willing to replace my Linux partition with Windows 7 for the time being as I rarely use it.



Here is my HDD configuration:



Disk 0: Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (500 GB)



Disk 1:



Partition 1: Windows XP (200 GB)

Partition 2: Linux (50 GB)



Currently my computer loads GRUB first, which defaults to Windows, then it switches over to the Windows Vista boot menu with XP and Vista, defaulting to Vista.



I'm trying to think of how would be the easiest way to do this. Of course I'd have to first disable GRUB somehow. Can I do this with EasyBCD? Then, reformat the Linux partition.



Then, would it be best to unplug my Vista drive so I don't overwrite the Vista Boot Menu? I think I did that when installing XP so I wouldn't overwrite the Vista Boot Menu.



Is the Windows 7 boot menu the same as the Vista boot menu? If so, it would make things a whole lot easier.



Sorry if this is all a bit confusing. Thanks for any help you can give.What would be the best way to install the Windows 7 beta for me (triple-boot)?
Windows 7 is my only OS right now and i have yet to complain about it. I switched a week ago and i just rolled the dice, hoping that it would be satisfactory. I can tell you that the Win7 boot menu, as most of its features, is exactly the same as that of WinVista.What would be the best way to install the Windows 7 beta for me (triple-boot)?
I suggest you look into getting VMware.

No comments:

Post a Comment