Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dell Latitude D830 web cam not recognized?

I just got a Dell Latitude D830 through work and it has a 2.0 MP web cam integrated into the bottom of the screen. The machine looks like it was originally built for vista, but my company replaced Vista with Windows XP ( for obvious reasons ).



So now I have this great new laptop, but the web cam won't get recognized when I run MSN Messenger. Does anyone know how I can get the system to recognize the web cam? Any place I can get the specific driver?Dell Latitude D830 web cam not recognized?
contact dell support and see if they can supply you with a downloadable driver for the webcam that is compatible for XPDell Latitude D830 web cam not recognized?
The Dell Latitude D830 does not come with a web camera. What you beleive to be a web camera is actually an ';ambient light detector.'; Do not fret, I was fooled as well...

Report Abuse


I've been searching everywhere for info about this ';webcam'; too, also for the Latitude D830. Thank you, Francisco, for ending my chaotic search and explaining why it has been so fruitless. An ambient light detector, eh? Why don't they say that somewhere useful??

Report Abuse


Thanks Francisco. I found this out from Dell tech support as I too thought it was a webcam.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment