Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I replace a printer on my office network, while keeping the shared location of the printer the same?

We have 20 or so Windows XP and Vista machines sharing a printer on the network. It's almost dead. How do I replace the printer (with a DIFFERENT model printer), without having to reinstall the drivers (or do ANYTHING) on all of our machines? Is this possible, or will all the machines on the network need to be updated after I replace the printer?How do I replace a printer on my office network, while keeping the shared location of the printer the same?
no it is not when you buy a new printer install the driver on computer number one on the router and set it shared printer and default printer the on each computer on the network delete the old driver and install network drover the computer will search and find the driver you installed on the first computer and install driver to the other computer and you have to set it as default printer on the second computer ad do this for every computer on the network.How do I replace a printer on my office network, while keeping the shared location of the printer the same?
new printer, new network address, sorry

if you know how to run a batch file, you can automate this process

No comments:

Post a Comment