Friday, November 19, 2010

My new PC came with Windows Vista but I want to replace it with Windows XP?

I have recently bought a new PC which was bundled with Windows Vista. However, none of the software I use works with Vista, so I would like to change my system to Windows XP. I have a new XP Home Edition pack and would like some help in installing it. I am especially unsure in how to re-load drivers.My new PC came with Windows Vista but I want to replace it with Windows XP?
Vista has an option to run in compatibility mode..

right click on the shortcut and go to i believe the compatibility tab and change it to windows xp.. try that before anything



also the manufacturer will probably have win xp drivers on their site.. the main things that might not work will probably be your sound card.. your vid card might not work as well since it might get stuck with generic drivers..



try windows update once you're installed xp and see if that finds your drivers.. if not try the manf site.My new PC came with Windows Vista but I want to replace it with Windows XP?
It seems strange that none of the software will work. Did you try installing, or are you just looking at what OS the software supports? Most software will continue to run in a new OS, unless you go from 32-bit to 64-bit hardware.



Reinstalling, is fairly easy, but could leave your system useless until you get it working. Try to find some complete instructions for installing XP, and print them out before you start. Google or yahoo searches should give you some good links, and the http://microsoft.com site is also helpful.



If you want to try linux, here are some tips.

http://systemnotesorg.blogspot.com/2007/
You will have to format your hard drive, which means you will lose all of your data and all of the applications that came on the computer. Also, drivers will be an issue - make sure you find XP drivers for all of your hardware before you start, or you may be stuck without an OS.
  • Do puppies lose their
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment