Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I get a free DVD reading and copying software for a Toshiba upgrated to Vista?

I have recently bought a brand new Sattelite Pro 120 laptop from Toshiba. The deal was that I was officially buying this with Vista, but would receive the computer with an XP pre-installed, and then would have to apply for an upgrade Vista CD from a Toshiba authorised company. The computer had also a number of the usual extra applications like Bluetooth driver, DVD copier and reader etc. When I received the Vista (it took 2 months!!!) and upgraded, most of those programmes stopped working. I was able to download some of the upgrades from Toshiba's page, but there was nothing that could replace the Windows XP application for coping and reading DVDs. I called them and they deny any responsibility for providing me with the suitable upgrade. What should I do? Is there any chance of achieving anything with them or should I switch to a free and new application which you could recommend? BTW I am not surprised that now computer retailers offer a paid option of DOWNGRADING to XP. So much fuss!How can I get a free DVD reading and copying software for a Toshiba upgrated to Vista?
You should have brought a computer with Vista

pre-installed that way all the programs would have worked and you would not now be asking for free copying software. and if you brought a computer with XP installed on it then that would mean you brought old stock for all computers now are sold with Vista as the new operating system.

good luck with your so called new computer.How can I get a free DVD reading and copying software for a Toshiba upgrated to Vista?
http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

No comments:

Post a Comment